Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Waiting is the hardest part

Today is the day before Thanksgiving. Willi-Martin was supposed to visit the family that lives in Leonhard's birth home yesterday but I haven't heard from him yet. I'm so anxious to find out what happened, if they really are related to us or not. I would love to contact them before I leave. I hope they have pictures. If nothing else, I hope Willi-Martin can take a photo of the house.

Yesterday I received a very nice letter from Mrs. Löffler. I had written her a long letter several weeks ago and told her all about my plans. She even sent me a couple of pictures of herself. She doesn't look anything like I pictured her. And certainly doesn't look like she's in her 80's. She said that my hotel in Turkheim is 5 km (3 miles) from her house. I looked on Google Maps and discovered that the street she lives on intersects with Falkengasse, which is the street where Leonhard was born! What a small world it is.  I wonder if she knows the people who live in his house? I am writing her back today. 


Mrs. Löffler


I sure wish she had internet, corresponding by snail mail to Germany is very slow when you're used to instant communication online.  Too bad the telephone calls to Germany are so expensive! I sooo want to talk to her, and to Willi-Martin and find out what's going on!







No comments:

Post a Comment