Monday, November 29, 2010

Exciting News and a Sleepless Night!

I love my Droid! I have it set up to sound an alert whenever I receive a Facebook message or friend request. Last night about 11 p.m. I heard an alert on my phone. I checked my Facebook and found a message from Aufhausen! (Remember the time difference between California and Germany... it was 7 a.m. in Aufhausen...)

Marianne said that her father-in-law, Ernst was the one who received a visit from Willi-Martin!! I just can't believe my luck!! I wrote her back and attached the picture of my great-grandfather's family. Now, thoughts are rushing around in my head, all the questions, all the possibilities for my trip next year. I am wide awake and don't think I'll ever get to sleep. 

About 2:30 a.m. and I am finally starting to wind down, when I hear another Facebook alert on my phone. I resisted the temptation to write her back til this morning.

She and I are now Facebook friends. I hope we can continue to write each other, so by the time I arrive in Aufhausen in May, we will already be friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment